Skip to content

Palmer, Town of

Categories

Towns

About Us

Founded in 1716, originally the Palmer area was known only to early Indians. Settlers of Scot-Irish descent began moving to the area and gave it the name Elbow Tract Plantation later on in 1751. Soon after, in 1752, the area was formally recognized as a town and was given the name Palmer by the governor. The Palmer area consists of Bondsville, Depot Village, Three Rivers, and Thorndike.

Highlights

  • Public school system
  • Pathfinder Vocational High School
  • Steaming Tender Restaurant/Historic Train Station
  • Public library/ Railroad Research Center

Rep/Contact Info

Veteran's Agent
  • Phone: (413) 283-2610
Water Department Bondsville
  • Phone: (413) 284-1627 x9
Sue Coache
Town Clerk
Cemetery Commission
  • Phone: (413) 283-2665
Conservation Commission
  • Phone: (413) 283-2611
John Daniels
  • Phone: (413) 283-9036
Christina Florence
  • Phone: (413) 283-2606
Building Inspector
  • Phone: (413) 283-2638
John Janulewicz
Chief of Police
  • Phone: (413) 283-8792
Marion Lis
Historical Society
  • Phone: (413) 283-3997
Ryan McNutt
Town Manager
Assessors Office
  • Phone: (413) 283-2607
Water Department Palmer
  • Phone: (413) 283-8411
Erin Pincince
Director of Senior Center
  • Phone: (413) 283-2670
Gerald Skowronek
  • Phone: (413) 283-2603
Water Department Three Rivers
  • Phone: (413) 283-9284
Scott Turner
  • Phone: (413) 283-7161
Thorndike Water Department
  • Phone: (413) 283-1300